The stoker has unleashed a tandem quiz on y’all. Either I must not have been talking enough during our last ride, or she blocked out my blabbering to think this up. Enjoy!
Tandem Quiz: test your knowledge of the sport
1. What is it called when both people stand up on a tandem at the same time?
2. What public figures were voted “most unlikely to ride a tandem together” in the October 2009 Honker Awards*?
a) Dick Cheney and Noam Chomsky
b) Mike Tyson and Woody Allen
c) Mother Teresa and Michael Jackson
d) Vanilla Ice and Ice Cube
*This is a fictional competition, but the answer, the stoker swears, is still rational.
3. What is a stoker?
a) a reformed pyromaniac who also likes to cycle
b) the unfortunate person who sticks his fingers into the spokes of a wheel.
c) the person on the back of a tandem
d) the most enthusiastic person on the tandem
4. What is the most common misconception about tandems?
a) they are slow
b) the stoker is an opium addict
c) the stoker can take naps
d) they are divorce machines
e) all of the above
5. What is the greatest invention even created for tandem riders?
a) a jersey with a kindle fitted on the back
b) doublemint gum
c) drum brakes
d) water bottles
e) none of the above
6. What does tandem mean in Latin?
a) “progressive politics in sunny climes”
c) “one after the other”
d) “run wild like ponies”
7. What is the greatest thing about tandem cycling?
a) crushing the competition
b) the stoker is free to text message, make calls, or fax documents
c) all the doughnuts you want
d) cars like you better
e) matching neon jackets
f) all of the above
8. What is the best song tandem song ever?
c) You Don’t Bring Me Flowers Anymore (Neil Diamond + Barbara Streisand)
8 ) c (this really is a burly Duet!)